Q: What is hail damage?
A: Hail is one of the most common in damaging your roof. Hail even as small as a nickel can cause enough damage to where the roof needs replaced. To find out if you have hail damage its best to call out a professional and have them take a look.
Q: What is ice & water shield? When is it necessary to replace?
A: Ice and water shield is a preventative measure for ice damming. Not all roofs have it but is recommended.
Q: What are some other indications that your roof has had storm damage?
A: Look for any changes in your roof that were not visible before the storm.
- Missing shingles
- Buckled, bruised or dented shingles
- Ceiling may have water damage spots
- Nails protruding from the shingles or may be lose. Some nails may be on the grass or near the home
- Granules missing
Q: What is ice damming?
A: Occurs when your gutter fills with ice and continues up the slope of the roof as the heat from your house and sun melts the ice the water cannot escape thus causing back up under shingles creating a temporary leak.
1. Indoor heating rises through the attic and warms the roof surface.
2. Snow on the heated part of the roof melts and flows down until it reaches the below 32 degrees. Water freezes into the ice dam.
3. The dam grows as water is held and backs up, it stays liquid.
4. Eventually, the water finds cracks in the roof covering and flows into the attic. There it seeps through the ceiling and interior walls.
Q: What is the difference between 30yr. dimensional/architectural shingle and a 25yr. three tab shingle?
A: The 30 yr. shingle is heavier, more durable, longer lasting and more water resistant.
Q: How long will the actual roofing job take?
A: Typically 1-2 days.
Q: How do you dispose of debris?
A: At Beeson Construction we provide a trailer which eliminates damage to your driveway and easy removal once job is completed.
It is always important to examine your home after any storm has hit the area. If you notice anything has changed to the exterior contact us quickly to prevent any further damage.
If you leave your roof damage untreated:
- Mold can occur
- Short the life of the roof
- Interior home damage to the ceilings, walls and windows
- Water leakage
- Granules are washed away which protects from UV rays
Check out our Storm Damage / Claim Assistance page for more information. If your question is not listed above, please contact or call us at 317-788-9353. We would be happy to help answer any questions you may have. We look forward to working with you.