Hail and wind severe enough to cause damage to your roof and home are unfortunately a frequent occurrence in the Indianapolis area. This can be difficult to see from the ground, but a licensed contractor would be able to inspect your roof and home to locate damage fairly easily. We have specialized storm contractors who focus on storm damage.
Here are facts about hail and wind damage:
- Hail of any size can cause damage to your roof and home. It doesn’t matter if the hail is tiny pea size or softball size, any size hail can diminish the life expectancy of your roof or home.
- Even if you cannot see indentations, this does not mean your roof has not been damaged.
- Insurance rates can potentially go up after a storm, therefore it is important to file a claim regardless.
- If you have a manufacturer 50 -year warranty, you should still file an insurance claim. These warranties do not always cover weather damages.
- If you choose to sell your home, but you do not visually see hail damage, this does not mean that it is not there. A home inspector will evaluate the home and if hail damage is present, you will have to deal with the damages by either replacing the roof or lowering the cost of your home.
- Contractors should not pay for your insurance deductible, this is breaking the law.
- Learn what the time frame is in your area, as all areas have a time frame to file an insurance claim.
- All damages are individual when it comes to hail and wind damage. The best solution is to have a licensed contractor inspect the damage to receive the most accurate estimate.
Hail and wind damage can cause:
- Shingles to be removed
- Dents in shingles
- Granules to wear away
- Leaks or water spots on your roof or ceiling
- Dents on gutters or soffits
- Dings and dents on the roof or siding
- Splitting and cracks in siding or windows
- Broken or cracked windows
- Broken window panes
- Damaged frames
- Holes or chipping on siding
Hail or wind damage can cause damage to your roof, siding, windows and gutters. Having damage to your home can decrease the life span of any of the features. If a severe storm has hit your home, contact a contractor to perform an inspection immediately.
Making a decision for your home improvements can be very difficult.Siding
Let us help you through the entire process from start to finish.Soffit, Fascia & Gutters
These areas can get neglected and can get worse with time if not tended to.Windows
Every home and homeowner is unique and requires special attention.